If you have been curious about adrenal fatigue treatment in San Diego but you are not someone that likes to take a lot of medications, you do have options. Working with a trusted naturopath will get you the safe, effective, and natural treatment you are looking for.
Don’t Let Exhaustion Bring You Down
There are some questions you can ask yourself to determine if seeking help with adrenal issues is best:
- Have you been feeling tired, no matter how long you sleep at night?
- When in a stressful situation, do you often feel overwhelmed or anxious?
- Does it seem harder to get out of bed in the morning, even after a long rest?
If you answer yes to one or more of the questions above, then there could be a possibility of an adrenal issue that should get addressed. The more you know about the signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue, the easier it is to get on a path to treating it.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
As the body becomes stressed, your adrenal glands release hormones like DHEA, epinephrine, and cortisol. These are all hormones known for regulating the immune system, heart rate, energy storage, etc. If you notice any of the following symptoms, you should set up a time to work with a trusted naturopath to begin treatment:
- Craving salty foods
- Subsequent hormonal issues, including hypothyroidism
- Mood changes, such as irritability, anxiety, or depression
- Relying on stimulants throughout the day to stay awake
- Eating a high-carb or sugary food and getting a notable energy boost
- Weakened immune system
- Weight loss resistance or weight gain
- Getting your second wind of the day later at night
- Craving carbs or sugary foods
Luckily, there are natural treatment options that include the help of supplements, dietary changes, quality sleep, and stress management. Working with a naturopathic practitioner will have access to natural therapies to help you get back on track.