No matter what the cause may be, such as autoimmune disease, iodine deficiency, the treatment of hyperthyroidism or certain medications, the skin signs that can come along with inadequate thyroid hormones can be very similar. The more that you learn about hypothyroidism dry skin treatment options, the easier it will be for you to stay on top of it. If you are someone who does not normally like to go with conventional medicine or heavy medications, the good news is that there are natural treatments available.
Some of the signs of hypothyroidism can be subtle and non-specific, to be easily confused with some other conditions. If you have advanced hypothyroidism, these are symptoms that should be addressed so that you can have proper thyroid testing done for treatment to follow:
- Intolerance to cold conditions – feeling the need to wear more layers of clothing than other people around you
- Dry skin
- Hair that is dry, brittle or thinning
- Nails that are ridged, split, dry or brittle
Proper examination of the skin may reveal that you have a need for thyroid treatment. While working with both your physician and a naturopath, you can develop a treatment plan for thyroid hormone replacement and fostering a balance in your body to give you healthier, supple skin despite your condition.
Some of the areas that may be touched on include:
- Getting more rest each night, between 7 to 8 hours, will be very beneficial for your thyroid as well as your skin. If you are having a difficult time getting to relax and unwind at night, a natural magnesium supplement may help.
- Proper hydration will also be another way to keep your skin healthy.
- Fresh vegetables that are high in vitamins and minerals will be beneficial for your skin, while also helping you to balance out your thyroid function.
Talking with a professional naturopath on all of your options for a healthy, balanced lifestyle will give you all of the information that you need on keeping your thyroid in check. When see Holistic Solutions for a free phone consultation, you will learn more about hypothyroidism dry skin treatment. Call (619)272-2133 today!