When you are faced with fighting the pesky fatigue that can come along with hypothyroidism, the simple answer would be to sleep more. However, it is not always going to be that cut and dry. This is where natural options in hypothyroidism poor sleep treatment can come in very handy.
There are many people that are just not getting the right amount of sleep that they need each night. An adult should be getting a minimum of 7 hours of sleep every night, however just around 40% are not getting anywhere near that much.
Where Does Hypothyroidism Come In?
This is a deficiency in the thyroid hormones that work to cause bodily functions, such as metabolism, to slow down. When you are faced with an under-active thyroid, you will be subject to fatigue and increase your chances of not being able to get enough sleep at night.
Roughly 30% of people who have hypothyroidism will also have sleep apnea, where there is a drop in oxygen that is followed by a struggle to breathe with a closed airway that disrupts sleep. The hypothyroidism condition will also prevent the deep, important sleep that the body needs.
Get Better Sleep Now
If you are not someone who likes to use a lot of medications or conventional medicine treatments, you can look to some natural therapies to help you get better sleep with hypothyroidism.
- Keep your bedroom cool at night
- Stimulate sleep by darkening your room to help with natural melatonin production
- Calm down whenever possible so that you are not trying to unwind while feeling stressed
- Avoid a big meal just before bedtime and cut out spicy foods that could keep you up with heartburn
- A light snack with a combination of carbohydrates and protein can be helpful to get you to sleep better at night
In addition to these steps that you can take at night, Holistic Solutions will be able to help you with hypothyroidism poor sleep treatment by way of supplements, dietary changes and more. Call today for a free phone consultation at (866) 296-2305.