GHK-Cu is a naturally occurring copper complex that was first identified in human plasma, but has recently been found in multiple locations such as saliva and urine. Copper peptides are small, naturally occurring protein fragments that have high affinity for copper ions, which are critical to normal body function. GHK-Cu has a variety of roles in the human body including, promoting activation of wound healing, attracting immune cells, having anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, stimulating collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis in skin fibroblasts, and promoting blood vessel growth.
Evidence has shown that it acts as a feedback signal that is generated after tissue injury. It seems to act as a potent protector of tissue and it is an anti-inflammatory agent that controls the oxidative damage that occurs after tissue injury. Further, it then plays a big role in signaling tissue remodeling which removes damaged/scarred tissue and generates new, healthy tissue.
These positive effects decline with age because the concentration of GHK-Cu in the body decreases with age. Thus, there is an increase in inflammation, cancerous activity, and tissue destruction. In plasma, the level of GHK-Cu is about 200 ng/ml at age 20. By the age of 60, the level drops to 80 ng/ml.
Up-to-date, it is established that GHK-Cu is able to:
- Tighten loose skin and reverse thinning of aged skin
- Repair protective skin barrier proteins
- Improve skin firmness, elasticity, and clarity
- Reduce fine lines, depth of wrinkles, and improve structure of aged skin
- Smooth rough skin
- Reduce photodamage, mottled hyperpigmentation, skin spots and lesions
- Improve overall skin appearance
- Stimulate wound healing
- Protect skin cells from UV radiation
- Reduce inflammation and free radical damage
- Increase hair growth and thickness, enlarge hair follicle size
Courtesy of: https://www.transformyouaz.com
Absolutely love Dr. Joe and his services he is very helpful professional, knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend him and this clinic to everyone