If you are dealing with pain and discomfort from an injury to your shoulder, knee, or another major joint, then you may feel like you are running out of options. The good news for many patients is that prolotherapy treatment in Chula Vista is a viable choice that could bring you notable relief. If you are interested in building back tissue and speeding healing, it is best to do what you can to understand prolotherapy and whether or not it is right for you.
For someone who has knee pain or other joint woes, you may already know that many injectables are often used to help with pain and discomfort. One option is cortisone, which is a steroid that will give you some temporary relief. However, prolotherapy gives you the added benefit of boosting the natural healing powers of the body.
Prolotherapy injections can help people who:
- Have joint pain that comes from osteoarthritis
- Have chronic pain in the back or neck
- Deal with chronic pains, strains, or injuries of ligaments and tendons
- Have rotator cuff injuries or “frozen shoulder”
- Suffer from degenerative knee cartilage
- Are taking a range of medications to reduce pain but are not seeing relief
- Are trying physical therapy and would rather not go for surgical intervention, and more
How Does Prolotherapy Work?
When you have prolotherapy injections, it helps by causing a mild inflammation response to help new fibers grow where there is damaged tissue. Such injections at targeted sites around the injury stimulate the body to go into self-repair mode. This is a safe, effective way to kickstart healing and reduce pain and inflammation after the injections run their course.
Dr. Dubroff at Holistic Solutions will have you come in for a consultation and medical exam. After going over your medical history and the injury or pain you are experiencing, you can embark on a journey for prolotherapy injections and lifestyle changes to get your body feeling good once again.