If you are dealing with pain and discomfort from an injury to your shoulder, you may feel like you are running out of options. Many San Diego area patients are looking into shoulder injury treatment using prolotherapy to get notable relief. If you are interested in building back tissue and speeding healing, it is best to do what you can to understand prolotherapy and whether or not it is right for you.
For someone with shoulder pain or other joint woes, you may already know that many injectables are often used to help with pain and discomfort. One option is cortisone, a steroid that will relieve you temporarily. However, prolotherapy gives you the added benefit of boosting the body’s natural healing powers.
Prolotherapy injections can help people who:
- Have joint pain that comes from osteoarthritis
- Have chronic pain in the back or neck
- Deal with chronic pains, strains, or injuries of ligaments and tendons
- Have rotator cuff injuries or “frozen shoulder”
- Suffer from degenerative knee cartilage
- They are taking a range of medications to reduce pain but are not seeing relief
- Are trying physical therapy and wanting to avoid surgical intervention, and more
How Does Prolotherapy Work?
When you have prolotherapy, the injections help by causing a mild inflammation response to help new fibers grow where there is damaged tissue. Such injections at targeted sites around the injury stimulate the body to self-repair. This is a safe, effective way to kickstart healing and reduce pain and inflammation after the injections run their course.
Dr. Dubroff at Holistic Solutions will have you come for a consultation and medical exam. After reviewing your medical history and the injury or pain you are experiencing, you can embark on a journey for prolotherapy injections and lifestyle changes to get your body feeling good once again.