You should never feel as though you have to remain a slave to heavy prescription medications or invasive procedures as a way to treat Parkinson’s Disease in Mission Viejo. When you work closely with Dr. Joseph Dubroff at Holistic Solutions, you will have a wide range of naturopathic therapies at your disposal to help you live a life that is happy, healthy, and free of many of the symptoms that have been holding you back.
Parkinson’s is a condition, or degenerative illness of the body’s nervous system, resulting in impaired motor function and the loss of intentional movements. The symptoms that patients will often experience impact the natural, smooth movements of their body. It can often make it difficult to take on certain everyday tasks like eating, swallowing, walking and sleeping.
Due to the nature of Parkinson’s Disease, it is not all that uncommon for patients to feel a series of mood changes and depression while dealing with the symptoms that they experience. While there is no specific cause that can be pinpointed, there has been research showing that chemical exposure and inflammation of the brain can be factors leading to the diagnosis.
While there are a number of medications available made to boost dopamine levels, there have also been studies showing that Parkinson’s symptoms stop responding to them over time. This is why it is always a good idea to have additional measures that can be used to slow down the symptom progression, which is where naturopathy can be very beneficial.
By working with Holistic Solutions, you will have a whole new world of therapies at your disposal. Some of the more common natural therapies include proper exercise and taking part in an anti-inflammatory diet, both of which have shown incredible results.
Some of the best foods to add to your diet for battling the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease include:
- High fiber foods to cut down on constipation and to improve upon bowel function.
- Raw foods like fruits and vegetables, as they reduce damage from free radicals, introduce quality antioxidants, and cut back on inflammation.
- Healthy fats like avocado, sprouted nuts, wild caught fish, and seeds such as flax and walnut can bring about healthy neurological health and boost mood.
- Green tea will help fight free radicals by introducing polyphenol antioxidants into the body.
- Fresh vegetable juices are wonderful for offering essential vitamins and minerals while also keeping the body properly hydrated.
- Cold pressed oils, such as olive oil, coconut oil, or palm oil on salads or your favorite vegetables will give you essential vitamin E, which is a lovely antioxidant.
In addition to diet and exercise, Dr. Dubroff will be able to suggest a number of hands on healing therapies for treatment. There are also a few different supplements that can be added to your routine to offer incredible benefits. Such supplementation may include vitamins C, D and E, fish oil and Coenzyme Q10.
If you or someone you love is dealing with Parkinson’s Disease in Mission Viejo, you have natural treatment options. Call Holistic Solutions at (949)444-4884.