Prolotherapy, also known as regenerative injection therapy, is a non-surgical treatment option for individuals suffering from chronic pain, particularly in the joints and ligaments. Dr. Dubroff at Holistic Solutions in Newport Beach is here to help you with your recovery journey. If you’re considering visiting a prolotherapy doctor, knowing what to expect from your first appointment and subsequent treatments is essential.
1. Thorough Evaluation: Your first visit to Holistic Solutions will typically begin with a comprehensive evaluation. Dr. Dubroff will ask about your medical history and the history of your pain and may conduct physical examinations or order imaging studies to pinpoint the source of your pain. This thorough assessment is crucial for developing a personalized treatment plan.
2. Customized Treatment Plan: Based on the evaluation, your prolotherapy doctor will create a tailored treatment plan to address your needs. Prolotherapy involves injections of a natural solution, often a dextrose (sugar water) mixture, into the affected areas. These injections stimulate the body’s natural healing process, encouraging the growth of new, stronger tissues in the injured or painful areas.
3. Pain Management: While prolotherapy is generally less painful than surgery, it can still be uncomfortable. Your doctor will likely use local anesthesia to numb the area before the injections. Expect temporary soreness or discomfort after the procedure, which typically resolves within a few days.
4. Multiple Sessions: Prolotherapy is rarely a one-and-done treatment. Most patients require several injections a few weeks apart to achieve the desired results. Over time, you should experience reduced pain and improved function as the treated area heals and strengthens.
5. Recovery and Activity: After each prolotherapy session, your doctor will guide you on activity levels and recovery. You might need to limit strenuous activities for a short period to allow the healing process. Conversely, you’ll be encouraged to engage in rehabilitation exercises to help strengthen the treated area.
6. Patience: Prolotherapy is a gradual process. Don’t expect instant relief. It can take weeks to months before you experience significant improvements. Maintaining realistic expectations and following your doctor’s recommendations for the best outcome is essential.
7. Follow-Up Appointments: Regular follow-up appointments are crucial to monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
Seeing a prolotherapy doctor in Newport Beach can be an effective way to address chronic pain without resorting to surgery. Expect a thorough evaluation, a personalized treatment plan, multiple sessions, and gradual improvements. Call Holistic Solutions at (866) 296-2305.